We are excited to announce that the ERAS Community site (http://connect.aamc.org/eras) is now live and open to all members! This new collaborative tool replaces our previous listserv and provides you with access to networking, as well as an easy-to-use discussion forum where you can connect, engage and share residency and fellowship recruitment process and best practices with other program members.
ERAS Community site (http://connect.aamc.org/eras) will be your go-to place to connect with other members, ask advice and share expertise about all things pertaining to the Program Director’s Workstation (PDWS). You can even share large files without cluttering your inbox!
Each member already has a customizable profile, so take five minutes and follow the instructions below to start making connections!
Getting Started on ERAS Community site:
- Log in at http://connect.aamc.org/eras. Your username and password is the same as what you use for the PDWS application. If you’re not sure what your login information is, click on the ‘I forgot my username or password’ link and follow the prompts.
*Important: When you log in for the first time, please be sure to read over the E-Group Rules and click on the ‘I Accept’ box at the bottom of the E-Group Rules & Etiquette page. You will need to accept these rules before continuing to ERAS COMMUNITY SITE.
- Complete Your Profile. Your colleagues will want to know a little bit about you. You can complete your profile by importing information from LinkedIn or simply enter your information on the profile page.
- Build Your Contact List. A great benefit of ERAS COMMUNITY SITE is the searchable member directory. Connect with friends, colleagues and fellow members that you met at past ASSOCIATION events.
- Review Your Email Settings. To update your email preferences, visit the “Settings” page under the “My Profile” tab in the menu bar. You can choose from the following options:
- Real Time: You will receive an email each time a new message is posted
- Daily Digest: You will receive one email each day containing all of the previous day’s messages
- No Email: This means that you won’t receive any emails in your inbox. You will need to log in to ERAS COMMUNITY SITE to view and reply to discussion posts
Please make sure that your email address is accurate or you will not be able to receive any discussion posts.
Tip: To make sure that you always receive emails from ERAS COMMUNITY SITE, please be sure to add “DoNotReply@ConnectedCommunity.org” to your email safe list.
- Post a Message. Have a question? Your colleagues can help! Hover over the “Participate” tab on the menu bar and click on “Post a Message”. You can also share a file as an attachment to your post.
- Need Assistance? Check out our FAQ page to help you navigate this new community. If you need additional guidance, you may contact the ERAS HelpDesk or call 202-828-0413
note: Only users with active PDWS accounts will have access to the Community
Happy Connecting on ERAS Community!